Poutama - goalsetting programme for students.
Every student at Stratford High School is involved in Poutama. In this programme students with the help of their caregivers and mentor set themselves SMART academic and personal goals for the year. They then work hard to achieve these goals and review their progress throughout the year.
SMART goals are:
- Specific: clear and understandable
- Measurable: necessary to measure progress
- Achievable: there's no use having goals that are impossible to achieve
- Realistic: based on some real interests and skills
- Timeframe: a set time to reasonably expect to achieve goals
"Some succeed because they are destined to. But most succeed because they are determined to."